Get Your Grocery Bags - Troubleshooting Tips
If you are not getting the notifications you expect from the Get Your Grocery Bags app, try the following troubleshooting tips:
- Is your wifi set to ‘On’? Go to Settings -> Wi-Fi and make sure if is on. Note that you do NOT have to be connected to a wifi network, it just has to be on. This is because the app does not use GPS to track your location since GPS wears down the battery fast. It uses Apple’s location services which relies on wifi towers. But, again, you are not required to be connected to an actual wifi network, just make sure wifi is turned on.
- Kill the app (quit it and then double-click the home button, or swipe up on the iPhone X or later, and swipe up on the app). Then relaunch the app. Go to My Favorites. Do you see the store in the list?
- In the Favorites list, tap on the “i” icon on the far right to see more info about the store. Is the location of the store (as shown on the map) what you expect? (The app relies on Google maps and there have been instances where Google has the wrong coordinates for a store.) If the location on the map is not correct, please let us know the store name and address.
- Check that Location Services are on: Go to Settings -> Privacy. Location Services should be set to ‘On’. Tap on Location Services and go to “Get Your Bags” in the list. Tap on Get Your Bags - the setting should be “While using”.
- Check that your Notifications are turned on: Go to Settings -> Notifications. Tap on "Get Your Bags" in the list. The settings should all be ON (especially Sound). You can also set the Banner Style to "Persistent".
- Check your alert volume: Go to Settings -> Sounds & Haptics and make sure your “Ringer and Alerts” volume is set high enough. I also recommend that you turn off the “change with buttons” option. This way if you have turned your phone volume way down for some reason, the alert volume will still be as loud as the sliding setting.
- Check your Do Not Disturb and Do Not Disturb While Driving settings. Go to Settings -> Do Not Disturb and check that Do Not Disturb is off and Do Not Disturb While Driving is set to Manual. See How to use Do Not Disturb While Driving.
- Make sure your iPhone's mute button is not on.
- Restart your iPhone.
- You can also try deleting and reinstalling the app. Unfortunately, this will cause you to lose your Favorites list.
Can't Find a Store in Search?
If you are having trouble locating the store you want to add to your favorites, try the following:
- While you are at the store, launch the Get Your Grocery Bags app and tap on the "Quick Add Store" button. If the app then finds a store at your current location, you can save it to your favorites. If the app does not find a store at your current location, then there is probably an issue with the location coordinates of the store in the Google map database. You can still save it as a custom location. Just give it a name and tap Save".
- Try to search by zip code or city? (Use "Search A Location".)
- If you have a lot of stores near you, then Google will throttle (limit) the search results. You can try to "search near me" as you move around your town so you don't have to actually visit each store.
- If you have a problem with a specific store, let us know. It's rare but there are instances of Google not having the correct location for a store.
If you are still having problems, send us an email: